Rules and Regulations
- The Great Eastern Bubble Dash 2016 (“Event”) is owned and organized by The Heart Foundation of Malaysia (45/84) (“Race Owner and Organiser") with support from Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad (93745-A) (“Title Sponsor”) and Integer Asia Sdn Bhd ("Event Manager").
- The Event will be held on 25th September 2016 (“Date”) in Penang and 23rd October 2016 (“Date”) in Kuala Lumpur.
- Any person born after the year 2010 does not need to register and can run for free. However, any unregistered person will NOT receive a race pack.
- Please log on to the Event’s official website at http://www.greateasternbubbledash.com for more details on the Event.
- The 12KM & 21KM Event(s) are open to anyone aged 16 years (as at 31 December 2016) and above.
- There is no age restriction to participate in the 5KM run but participants must be able to complete the 5KM distance. However, any person, registered or unregistered, aged below 18 years of age as at 31 December 2016 must be accompanied at all times by at least one registered person aged 18 years and above as at 31 December 2016.
- By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to and to participate in the Event or any activity(ies) relating to the Event, the participant is deemed to have given express permission to the Race Organiser, Event Manager and the Title Sponsor to use such personal information for marketing, statistical and planning purposes.
- In consideration of the participant’s use of the Event’s official website and/or registration, the participant agrees to:-
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the participant contained in the form (“Registration Data”);
- log into the Event Registration account to update his/her Registration Data. However, changes to the participant’s name, events, race categories and running T-shirt sizes are not allowed. Updates will only be allowed before registration closes.
- The Race Organizer, Event Manager and Title Sponsor reserve the right to contact the participants from time to time by any means. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Race Organiser shall be deemed as received by the participants. If a participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Race Owner, Race Organizer or Event Manager has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Race Owner, Race Organizer and Event Manager may suspend or terminate the participant’s registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Event’s Official Website (or any parts thereof). There will be no fee refund upon such suspension or termination of the participant’s registration.
- The completion and submission of the Event registration form confirms the participant’s agreement to abide by the relevant terms and conditions of the Event as set out by the Owner, Race Organiser, Event Manager and/or any other third party authorised by the Race Owner.
- The Event’s registration will be confirmed via the confirmation slip (“Confirmation Slip”), which will be sent to the email address registered with the Race Organiser / Event Manager. The participant shall inform the Race Organiser via email if he or she does not receive the Confirmation Slip or is unable to download the Confirmation Slip from the Event’s Official Website. If there is discrepancy in the Confirmation Slip, the participant is to report such discrepancy to the Race Organiser / Event Manager within 5 working days to the address specified on the website.
- The Race Owner, Race Organiser, Event Manager and Title Sponsor will not entertain or be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate Registration Data (including Registration Data as may be sourced from any third party supplier of Registration software) in the Event registration form provided by the participant.
- Once the participants’ registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for any participant who does not eventually take part in the Event for whatever reason.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their entries to another party or change the selected race once the registration for the Event is confirmed.
- The Race Owner reserves the right to change the Date and/or time of the Event, or cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to the participants, in which case the Race Owner will make reasonable effort to inform the participants prior to the Date of the Event. Any updates on the Event including any changes to the Rules & Regulations will be posted on the Event’s Official Website. It is the responsibility of the participants to keep abreast with such updates and changes. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be no fee refund unless the Race Owner deems fit to give a refund. If the Event’s Date and/or time are changed, there shall be no fee refund to any participant who is unable to participate on the revised Date and/or time unless the Race Owner deems fit to give a refund. The Race Owner, Race Organizer, Event Manager and Title Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- Participants below the age of 18 years (as at 31 December 2016) are required to obtain their parent or legal guardian’s approval on the Consent Form found on the Event Registration Form.
- There will be no fee refund if the Event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Race Owner and which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event.
- The Race Owner, Race Organiser and Event Manager reserves the right to amend the Event’s race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event, at any time without prior notice to the participants. In such cases, reasonable effort will be made by the Race Owner to inform the participants prior to the Date of the Event. Any changes made to the Event’s race routes will be posted on the Event’s Official Website. It is the responsibility of the participants to keep abreast with such changes. The Race Owner, Race Organiser, Event Manager and Title Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Race Owner, Race Organizer and Event Manager to ensure the participants' safety, participants run at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the training for, or during participation in the Event. The Race Owner, Race Organiser, Event Manager and Title Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for any injury or death, damage or loss to property, whether personal or otherwise, suffered or caused, howsoever arising from training for, during participation, or after participation in the Event, and this shall include all costs and expenses incurred as a result of such claims. Participants are strongly advised to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the Date of the Event.
- Participants are required to wear the assigned bib number on his/her chest at all times during the Event’s race. Participants who are not wearing a bib number will be taken off the Event’s race route by security officers/officials and immediately disqualified.
- Road closure, where applicable, will be lifted after three hours thirty minutes (3hr 30min) from commencement of the Event’s 21KM race, 2 hours fifteen minutes (2hr 15min) from the 12KM race and two (2) hours from commencement of the Event’s 5KM Run (“Closure Time”). The road(s) closed for the Event’s runs will not be guarded by road marshals after the Closure Time. Participants who are still on the Event’s race route and choose to continue running after the Closure Time, do so at their own risk.
- Participants must follow their respective race route, the direction of security officers/officials, traffic management officers/officials, Event’s officers/officials and any enforcement officers/officials.
- A participant must retire from the Event’s race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the Event’s official medical staff, race director, referee or security officers/officials.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the Event’s race route(s) other than the Event’s official race and medical vehicles.
- Prams / strollers are allowed but are the sole responsibility of the participant. The Race Owner, Race Organiser, Event Manager and Title Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for any injury or death, damage or loss to whether personal or otherwise, suffered or caused, howsoever arising from the use of prams / strollers before participation, during participation, or after participation in the Event.
- Participants who commence to run before the flag-off time of his/her registered Event’s race will be disqualified immediately.
- Participants who do not commence to run within 20 minutes after the flag-off time of his/her registered Event’s race will be disqualified and will not be allowed to participate in the Event’s race.
- Participants who receive or accept any assistance from any other person will be disqualified.
- The Race Owner reserves the right to limit and/or refuse a participant’s entry to the Event without giving any reason and notice.
Collection and Fulfilment of Prizes
- The gun time will be used to determine the winners for the Event’s 12KM & 21KM race.
- The timing tag used to record a participant’s race completion time in the Event is a single-use, disposable device. The Race Owner, Race Organiser and Event Manager will not be responsible for any inaccuracy of the timing tag, which is caused by improper usage of the timing tag. Participants who do not use the timing tag or used the timing tag improperly will be disqualified.
- For prize winners or possible prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made immediately within thirty (30) minutes of the published results on the results notice board on the Event’s site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier, failing which the Race Owner, Race Organiser and Event Manager reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeals thereafter.
- For all other participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in writing (via electronic or non-electronic means) within 7 days from the Date of the Event to the Race Organiser. The Race Owner, Race Organizer reserves the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal thereafter.
- All participants who successfully complete the Event’s 12KM & 21KM race before the Closure Time will be awarded a finisher's medal upon presentation of their bib number to the respective officials at the medal collection counter. All finisher's medals must be collected on the Date of the Event. No requests thereafter will be entertained. This entitlement shall not apply to participants who are unable to complete their respective races.
- All participants who successfully complete the Event’s 12KM & 21KM Run before the Closure Time will be awarded an electronic finisher's certificate. The download link for the electronic finisher’s certificate will be published on the Event’s Official Website, 60 days after the Date of the Event, and the certificate will be available for download for a period of 60 days from the publication date. The participant shall inform the Race Organiser via email if the participant is unable to download the electronic finisher’s certificate from the Event’s Official Website. If there is discrepancy in the electronic finisher’s certificate, the participant is to report such discrepancy to the Race Organiser within 30 days from the publication date. This entitlement shall not apply to participants who are unable to complete their respective races.
General Terms and Conditions
- The Race Owner reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these terms and conditions of the Event from time to time as it deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of the provisions, the Race Owner shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Race Owner will take into account the interests of all the affected participants. Any update on the terms and conditions of the Event will be reflected on the Event’s Official Website and it is the responsibility of all participants to keep abreast with any changes.
- The Race Owner reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category to the Event’s race without prior notice to the participants.
- The Race Owner, Race Organiser, Event Manager, Title Sponsor, Event’s partners and Event’s sponsors declare by virtue of being the Event owner, organiser, manager, partner or sponsor, it can use the services of third parties, as it deems fit for the purposes of the Event.
- The Race Owner, Race Organiser, Event Manager, Title Sponsor, Event’s partners and Event’s sponsors reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose as it deems appropriate, including but not limited to advertising and publicity purposes and also for the purposes of announcing the winners in all types of media. By registering for the Event, participants hereby consent to publication or display of their details, including personal details and photographs.
- Participants shall not, without the prior written consent of the Race Owner, give any interview or make, give or release any statement for publication, or otherwise to be made public, by any means with regard to the Event.
- All decisions of the Race Director appointed for the Event are binding.
- The Race Owner, Race Organiser, Event Manager and Title Sponsor shall not be responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorised access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or the Event’s Official Website.